MEMORIAL DAY PARADES
Instructor: Benjamin Potvin
Phone: (207) 985-1110 x263
Cell: (207) 450-3871
Fax: (207) 985-1350
A couple of reminders:
1. Students need to take care of themselves...get a good nights sleep, drink lots of water, eat a good breakfast, and wear sunblock.
2. Plan for the morning commute to Consolidated School - the traffic will be heavy so plan extra time.
3. There is no eating in the band uniform. The uniforms are public property so we ask that you remove the uniform between the Cape Porpoise and Kennebunk parade when you eat lunch.
4. Try on your uniform and shoes to make sure they still fit!
5. The dress code is the assigned uniform (bib pants, jacket, hat), black closed-toe shoes, and black socks. If there are any concerns about the shoes or socks, contact Mr. Potvin ASAP. Uniforms need to be clean, pressed, and hemmed. Sunglasses are not allowed.
6. Leave your instrument case at home or in your vehicle.
7. At the end of the Kennebunk Parade, all students report to the high school to check in their uniform (jacket and pants on original hanger, hat, & hat box)
8. In case of inclement weather, please check the website and your e-mail. We will not march if it is raining or drizzling.
The band performs at 3 local parades sponsored by the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Legion Organizations
6:45 AM - Two upper class trumpeters and one percussionist report to the American Legion Hall on Water street for a procession and taps at each of the cemeteries. One of the three musicians needs a car to drive the trio to the various cemeteries.
7:30-8:00 AM - Mr. Potvin will be at the high school for students to pick up their instruments (this includes percussion)
A. KENNEBUNKPORT PARADE
8:45 - All band members are dropped off at Consolidated School
9:20 - Band lines up
9:30 - Parade begins from Consolidated School
All students are bused to Cape Porpoise
B. CAPE PORPOISE PARADE
10:30-10:45 - Parade starts at the bottom of Crow Hill
11:15ish - Parade ends at the bottom of Crow Hill
Students are bused back to Kennebunk Town Hall (some students are dropped off at Consolidated to pick up their vehicle or catch a ride)
During the down time, students may go home or into the village for lunch. They need to be back at the Kennebunk Town Hall for 1:15.
C. KENNEBUNK PARADE
1:15 - Students met at the Town Hall (in uniform, with instrument, and ready to play)
1:30 - Concert on the steps of Town Hall
1:45 - Parade lines up near Town Hall
2:00 - Parade begins
Students are picked up and brought to the high school to drop off their uniform and instrument.
9 GUARDIAN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
A. 2 guardians planted in the crowd (with a vehicle nearby) in the Kennebunkport square for the water break.
B. 1 guardian with a vehicle for the Cape Porpoise parade.
C. 2 guardians with a vehicle nearby for the Kennebunk Parade. One needs to follow alongside the band and the other to help in case students don't feel well.
D. 4 guardians to check in uniforms at the high school after the parade.
Please e-mail me if you are able to do any of the following jobs! (email@example.com)